Spaghetti Pomodoro recipes with tomato sauce
Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Spaghetti Pomodoro, a classic Italian pasta dish with a simple tomato sauce:
- 12 ounces (340 grams) of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Simmer the sauce for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a splash of pasta cooking water to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with more salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes if needed.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the pomodoro sauce. Toss the pasta to coat it evenly with the sauce.
- Serve the spaghetti pomodoro hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese. You can drizzle a bit of extra olive oil on top if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Spaghetti Pomodoro! It’s a simple and delicious Italian classic.