Penne all’Arrabbiata recipes with tomato sauce
Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Penne all’Arrabbiata, a classic Italian pasta dish known for its spicy tomato sauce:
- 12 ounces (340 grams) of penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese for serving (optional)
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Stir well to combine. Add the red pepper flakes to give it a spicy kick. Simmer the sauce for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with more salt, black pepper, or red pepper flakes if needed to suit your spice preference.
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the skillet with the arrabbiata sauce. Toss the pasta to coat it evenly with the spicy tomato sauce.
- Serve Penne all’Arrabbiata hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley. You can also top it with grated Pecorino Romano cheese if desired.
Enjoy your Penne all’Arrabbiata! It’s a flavorful and fiery Italian pasta dish that’s perfect for spice lovers.